Monday, July 16, 2012

The 2 percent, phone service in Maine

Upon reaching Maine, contact with the outside world became more challenging.  My service provider covers something like 98% of the USA.  I am traveling in the other 2%.  Locals say, cell phone service, no problem.  Just use Verizon or US Cellular.  Oh, and instead of "where are the uncovered areas?", they say something like.... "go down the road to the first bend to the right, get out of your vehicle, go to the top of the small hill - from there you can make a call".  Asking for WiFi elicits a chuckle in many cases.  Maine is far more populated by trees and wide spaces than people, at least the inland areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment